Change course with a highly concentrated,
Versacloz may be an appropriate clozapine therapy choice
- Measured and administered using an oral syringe—no need to mix or match clozapine tablets
- Highly concentrated, low-volume suspension: 1 mL = 50 mg1
Versacloz may help you and your staff confirm administration
- Uses a clearly labeled oral syringe for accurate dosing
- Eliminates swallowing multiple pills with an oral suspension
- Offers a tasteless choice of clozapine therapy2
Ordering and administration convenience
- Availability in a 100 mL bottle—only 1 SKU and 1 co-pay
Click here to receive additional components.
Important Safety Information
Atypical antipsychotic drugs, including clozapine, have been associated with metabolic changes that can increase cardiovascular and cerebrovascular risk. These include:
- Hyperglycemia and Diabetes Mellitus: Monitor all patients for symptoms of hyperglycemia including polydipsia, polyuria, polyphagia, and weakness. Monitor glucose prior to starting treatment and periodically thereafter in patients with diabetes or at risk for diabetes. Hyperglycemia, in some cases extreme and associated with ketoacidosis and hyperosmolar coma or death, has been reported in patients treated with atypical antipsychotics including clozapine.
- Dyslipidemia: Undesirable alterations in lipids have occurred in patients treated with atypical antipsychotics. Baseline and periodic follow-up lipid evaluations are recommended.
- Weight Gain: Significant weight gain has occurred. Monitor weight during treatment with VERSACLOZ.
Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS)
NMS, a potentially fatal symptom complex, has been reported with administration of antipsychotic drugs, including clozapine. Clinical manifestations of NMS include hyperpyrexia, muscle rigidity, altered mental status, and autonomic instability (irregular pulse or blood pressure, tachycardia, diaphoresis, and cardiac dysrhythmias). Additional signs may include elevated creatine phosphokinase, myoglobinuria, rhabdomyolysis, and acute renal failure. Management should include immediate discontinuation of antipsychotics and other drugs not essential to concurrent therapy, intensive symptomatic treatment and medical monitoring, and treatment of comorbidities, including agranulocytosis, infection, heat stroke, primary CNS pathology, central anticholinergic toxicity, extrapyramidal symptoms, and drug fever. If a patient requires antipsychotic therapy after recovery from NMS, monitor closely. NMS can reoccur.
References: 1. Versacloz® Prescribing Information, Warminister, PA: Tasman Pharma Inc. 2021 2. Data on file. Warminster, PA: Tasman Pharma, INC.; 2017.